How To Undo The Effect Of Blogging On Your Mind



I have been writing blog posts more regularly lately than ever before and I notice a certain difference in the way I look at the things around me as well as at the thought processes going on in my mind. It seems as if a certain bloghole has been created in mind and it is sucking me in, in a similar manner that a blackhole sucks in every matter that exists in a space near it.


As I notice the early morning world outside my balcony or as I take a stroll in my college campus, I just don't notice and observe things as usual. I look at both the macro and micro aspects of my observations through the lens of a blogger. When I look at the beautiful morning outside my balcony,  instead of being encapsulated by its beauty, I think how I could write a blog post about the beauty. Instead of noticing the things around me, I think about the post title which could be apt for the post about things around me. Instead of trying to figure out about my personal issues and life, I imagine writing a deep post about it and my readers reading the post and exclaiming about my beautiful style of writing. And so on and so forth. 



This does not apply to any certain kind of daily activity or any certain thought pattern. Every single internal and external detail passes through the blog filter making this new behaviour rather irritating and unwanted and you soon start missing the your normal vision at things. I am sure atleast few writers can relate to what I am saying.



So here is what I and so can you do to avoid the side-effects of blogging on your mind.



  • Write. Sounds ridiculous, but if you have been thinking of writing a lot lately then it is better you start writing than daydreaming about it.
  • Note down the idea. If a certain blog idea has been occupying your mind a lot lately, write it down on your phone or a piece of paper and write about it when you get free time later.
  • Audience reactions. Before you do anything in life, assume 50% of the folks will hate it and the remaining 50% will love it. So stop thinking about the praise or criticism that your work will fetch you in future. And both, criticism and praise are pretty useless anyways.
  • Music. Listen music when you are writing as well as not writing your articles.
  • And lastly, have something more fun, more pleasureful to do in life than blogging. Make sure you have a great life outside the virtual world here and have a core passion in your life that is more important to you than your life itself.


But with all this being said, I must say that instead of fighting your mind, just try using it in your benefit. Only when you feel that a certain obsession in your life, like blogging at this instance, is affecting your normalcy, start making serious amendments.